Zalcano’s armour must first be removed before you can attack her with your Pickaxe. This is a relatively simple process which involves mining, smithing and imbuing Tephra.
In the room there are four glowing red rocks to mine. You should mine the brightest rock to mine the most Tephra. Fill your inventory with Tephra.
Next, take your Tephra to the furnace on the East side of the room and turn it into Refined Tephra.
Finally, take your Refined Tephra to the altar on the West side and turn it into Imbued Tephra.
Now that you have Imbued Tephra, you can use that as a weapon to throw at Zalcano and remove her armour. You do not need to equip the Tephra as it can be used from your inventory. Once Zalcano’s armour is gone she will drop to her knees and cower at which point you can attack her with your Pickaxe. Follow this process three times to defeat the boss.
While following the above instructions to kill Zalcano, watch out for her special attacks:
- Boulders – Zalcano stomps her feet and boulders fall from the sky. Simply move one square away from the boulders to avoid this attack.
- Demonic Symbols – blue and orange demonic symbols appear on the floor. Stand in the blue symbols while attacking with Tephra for a bonus. Avoid the orange symbols as they will damage you and drain your run energy.
- Golem – Zalcano fires a red ball of energy which will land and turn into a Golem with hp. Kill the Golem before it reaches Zalcano else it will repair some of Zalcano’s armour.
- Shockwave – when Zalcano arises after you have been hitting her with your pickaxe, she will send out a shockwave damaging nearby players and destroying your Tephra.
- Pebbles – Zalcano shoots out pebbles to hit all players for a small amount of damage. This is unavoidable.